Century Stealth Graphene Titanium Rods
Is there a carp rod on the market crammed with as many premium features as the new Century SGR (Stealth Graphene Reinforced)? This rod series you get it all in one package.
Century Stealth Graphene Titanium Rods
Is there a carp rod on the market crammed with as many premium features as the new Century SGR (Stealth Graphene Reinforced). This rod series you get it all in one package.
Graphene reinforced matrix system, Autoclave Technology, Generation 2 Anti-Twist Technology, Titanium Gunsmoke guides, Ultralight blank in each of its respective test curves.
Century have developed a bespoke combination of the resin matrix and Graphene. The resin matrix carries the loadings generated on the rod by casting and playing and when fortified by Graphene creates resilience and toughness. When properly incorporated in the resin system it has the capacity to Increase resilience far more effectively than one-dimensional (e.g. nanotube) and zero-dimensional (e.g. nanoparticle) fortifiers so we can make rods lighter with high strength and toughness you expect of a Century carp rod.
Generation 2 Anti-Twist Technology (Gen 2 AT-T)?
The new technology used in the construction of the blank is highly innovative. Using our propriety Graphene material to help create Generation 2 Anti-Twist Technology in the tip section. The Generation 2 AT-T resists this angular acceleration by the insertion of fibres at varying angles within the wall of the rod. The result is a vast increase in resistance to torsional load and overall twisting or cork screwing in the tip section. This is a huge cause of inaccuracy especially when casting longer distances and more often than not the main culprit for poor guide alignment and unwanted increases in line friction.
There are two choices of guides with the Stealth rod. At a slightly lower price point we have a lightweight black steel ringing option which again offers a reduction in weight over Century standard steel guides. The Titanium Gunsmoke is our real favourite though and the guide most admired by anglers when choosing this premium rod series. After months of testing we have managed to have our classic Century SiC guides manufactured from PVD coated black Titanium frame which gives them a stunning gun smoke finish and flexes better with the blank during compression and fish playing while saving weight from the rod.
Test curves available
- 12′ 2.50lb – playing focused action to suit canal use, floater fishing. Think of previous low test curve FBS and Armalite rods which you may have owned to appreciate the action of this model.
- 12’ 3.00lb – playing focused parabolic rod suited to smaller lakes where range not key factory or used with boat on larger lakes. Has similar power to C2 12’ 3.25lb if referencing against other Century rods.
- 12′ 3.25lb – Still a playing biased light weight carp rod but compared to the above rods this starts to offer an element of all round multi venue ability. Offers casting power similar to that of a C2 12’ 3.50lb if referencing against other Century rods.
- 12′ 3.50lb – All rounder. We have to be honest the fish playing ability will drop vs the above lower test curve models but it makes up for that loss with giving you a true all rounder with that sweet spot combination of casting distances when needed and fish playing. True carp rod for 90% of scenarios. The casting power is similar to ADV 12’ 3.50lb.
- 12′ 3.75lb – a long distance casting rod but at 12′ and using similar principle to the C2-D action. Easier to use and more compressible in the butt than the 12’ FMA/SP models during cast but has powerful tip to go with the butt and so offers an even power delivery throughout blank.
- 13′ 3.50lb – This fits in as another all rounder and very popular for European venues where need extra rod length as useful for rocky lake shores etc and anglers wants a similar power vs playability designed blank like the Stealth 12’ 3.50lb but at the anglers preference 13’ length. This Stealth 13′ 3.50lb would not be classed in our long range rod series which we still recommend the C2-D 13’ 3.75lb.
Where power comparisons are used to other Century rods this to better help you choose most suitable test curve for your needs. The new rod Stealth series has a lot of extra technology compared to previous models which you will only get chance to properly appreciate when you see the rod in a shop or ideally when you own and use the rod.
Features at a glance:
- Anti-Twist Technology (Gen 2) for accuracy, reduced line frap and achieve casting distance results with less effort.
- Graphene enhanced resin system – for lighter blank while still providing strength and toughness.
- Composite compound carbon tapers for ultimate playability within each respective test curve class.
- Autoclave Technology for long life performance retention.
- 1k-1k carbon weave to top of tip
- Titanium Stealth Finish SiC guides
- Custom ALPS Black reel seat with laser engraved Stealth logos
- Sealed with custom PTFE/silicone low scratch finish
- Manufacturing pedigree immersed in World Record casting and Aerospace/Motorsport carbon composite technology
- Blank and Rod designed and manufactured in United Kingdom
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.